Thursday, June 24, 2010

Book Review: Underground Secrets To Faster Running


This book definitely exceeded my expectations. I throughly enjoy all 86 pages of it. I read this book in about 2 hours.

I like and also agree with most of Ross' opinions. His opinion on Mass Specific Force (MFS) is interesting. MFS is the amount of force you can produce in relation to your bodyweight. He talks about staying away from putting on sarcoplasmic hypertrophy (non-contractile), and only concern yourself with myofilbillar hypertrophy (Contractile).

He states that to run faster you have to put more force into the ground, or the same amount of force but at a faster rate.

He talks about why linear periodization is a load of crap bascially!! He is definitely a proponent of more of a concurrent approach to strength training.

He discusses why he thinks the deadlift is a superior choice of lift to the squat. I myself am a huge deadlift fan. If I had to pick between a deadlift and a squat, I would also pick the deadlift (everytime). In saying that I still think the squat pattern is still important to coach.


Conclusion:

This is a good thought provoking book. I would recommend it.

Stay Strong,
RB

No comments:

Post a Comment