Friday, July 15, 2011
Lymphatic Drainage Technique Seminar with Paula Bergs NMT
Last weekend I had the pleasure of being exposured to techniques that can enhance the performance and health of our lymphatic system, by Paula Bergs NMT.
The lymphatic system is part of our immune system, and is basically a detox system.
The lymphatic system has multiple interrelated functions:
- It is responsible for the removal of interstitial fluid from tissues
- It absorbs and transports fatty acids and fats as chyle from the circulatory system
- It transports white blood cells to and from the lymph nodes into the bones
- The lymph transports antigen-presenting cells (APCs), such as dendritic cells, to The lymph nodes where an immune response is stimulated.
- Lymphatic tissue is a specialized connective tissue - reticular connective, that contains large quantities of lymphocytes.
Paula was a wonderful and very funny teacher, and it was a pleasure to learn from her.